In a recent dream, I was traveling in a vehicle with three other people down a two-lane interstate highway. It was a bright, clear day and we were traveling along chatting and enjoying our time together. As we were rounding a long curve, we noticed debris in the road ahead of us in the right lane. The left lane seemed clear so we moved over into that lane thinking we could easily pass the debris and continue on our journey. As we came closer to the debris, a large tree crashed in front of us covering the entire right lane of the highway. We swerved into the right lane stopping abruptly before crashing into random limbs of trees spread across the lane.
Immediately, we jumped out of the car because our first thoughts were to remove the debris because more traffic was coming behind us. We thought if we could remove the blockage, we could make a pass so those coming behind us could pass through without causing damage to their vehicles. More vehicles stopped behind us and joined us in the task. One individual jumped out of his truck and ran panicky toward us screaming that a huge trailer truck was rounding the curve. He ordered everyone to move out of the way. A pandemonium began as people ran toward the ditch and others scrambling out of their vehicles to get to a safe place. The trailer truck emerged around the curve, noticed the long line of stopped vehicles, and swerved into the left lane but could not get stopped. Instead its speed increased and plowed through the larger fallen tree. The truck bounced over the tree with its trailer swaying back and forth until it came to a stop on the other side of the tree. Oddly, the driver of the trailer truck emerged with a large smile on his face. Both lanes had come to a complete stop.
All of a sudden, everyone came running from the side of the road into both lanes to remove the obstacles in the road – the debris, the broken limbs from the fallen tree, and crushed pieces of wood. A comradery with automatic organization resulted. Each person seemed to know exactly where to go without any one person being in charge. The fallen tree and the debris was removed quickly and efficiently.
I knew in my spirit that the Lord was revealing some truths to me about what to expect this coming year.
- Obstacles are being removed that have been preventing us from getting to our destinies and into the promises of the Lord. In fact, the enemy has been hindering us with things crashing suddenly all around us but I felt the Lord saying that he will be intervening at a greater level. They will no longer will a factor in our lives but will be run over and crushed before any harm could be done.
- God is causing his people to join forces regardless of the differences in ministry styles, denomination, or minor theological differences. He is calling us to join forces to fight the enemy’s tactics by aligning with Jesus at the center. He will be our commander in Chief not man.
- Each one will know their part as it will be given to them divinely and will flow together effectively and efficiently. Each new obstacle or tactic released by the enemy will be quickly removed.
- Jesus is sending out his angelic forces to combat the big stuff. The trailer truck first seemed a destructive force but then I realized its intend was to attack the larger obstacle in the road and break it down so we as a team could remove it. The smile on the truck driver’s face was like a victory smile and instantly the verse in Isaiah 54:17 was brought to my mind. “No weapon formed against you will prosper, and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from me.”
- No one was harmed and fear was quickly removed. In fact, joy and praise seemed to permeate the atmosphere as the crowd worked together. I have sat in lines of traffic before and have never left my vehicle but in the dream, everyone, young and old, got out of their vehicles to help. A mighty army of people removed the obstacles that could have resulted in critically hurting many.
It was only after the removal took place that the road crew arrived on the scene. But the road was already cleared and people were on their way again. This reminded me that we typically expect only certain people to assist or help us in times of trouble. But I felt the Lord is shifting even this up. He is calling us to rise above our differences and begin joining forces together to fight any tactic of the enemy. We will do this through prayer and walls of differences will be shattered. Differences will be erased as Jesus Christ takes his rightful place. As this happens, a powerful army will emerge that will cause transformation.
“And he himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors, and teachers for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head-Christ-…”
I believe the Lord gave me a specific message that this year, 2018, will be a year of moving into our destinies with a clear path before us. It is a year of making connections that may not initially make sense but God will divinely position us as we deal with our difference and allow Him to remove hindrances within us and around us. It will be a year of accomplishments regardless of whatever challenges come before us. I can hear the sounds of victory, victory, victory.